Polymer Technology Ireland is the business association within Ibec
representing the polymer technology industry. Membership spans suppliers of raw material and services to the industry as well as the leading plastics processors in Ireland. Polymer Technology Ireland’s broad focus is to represent the polymer sector, build awareness of the value of the industry and showcase the scale and diversity of this high-tech industry, deliver high quality information to members, make Ireland a leader in talent development, and provide opportunities to maximise business development across key sectors. Polymer Technology Ireland is led by a Council of industry leaders and representatives.
Polymer Technology Ireland objective include:
- To promote the interests of all sectors of the plastics industry in Ireland and to encourage the growth and development of each to its full potential.
- To unite the members of the various sectors of the industry and to co-ordinate their efforts and activities in matters of common concern.
- To advise the Government of all matters effecting the welfare and prosperity of the industry and to promote or oppose legislation or other measures affecting the industry.
- To encourage effective action and collaboration in production, marketing of goods and services, industrial training and other areas to the advantage of members.
- To encourage co-operation on a group basis as a means of furthering any of the above objectives.
- To distribute among members information on all matters affecting the industry.
- To consider and develop long term strategies for the plastics industry.